This conversation and writing guide for The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli is intended for use by teachers and/or parents with their students, either in groups or one-on-one. This guide is for use with the 1989 edition. Because chapters are not numbered in the novel, page numbers are included for chapter reference. This guide includes five parts:
- A brief overview for parent/teacher reference of the book’s background, setting, summary, and main theme;
- A chapter-by-chapter Conversation & Discussion Guide;
- A chapter-by-chapter Activity Guide with one writing game/activity per chapter;
- A reflection question for each chapter for students to answer in writing;
- An essay question at the end with a brainstorming page for students to plan out an essay.
32 pages total.